Aston Martin introduces a new version of the company’s first SUV. The brand introduced the world’s fastest and most powerful ultra-luxury SUV. It is known as the DBX707 and is powered by a turbocharged V8 engine that produces 697 horsepower. It starts at $232,000, which is less than half the price of high-end SUVs, which start at $200,000.
The engine in the DBX707 is virtually the same as the one in the ordinary 542-horsepower Aston Martin DBX, but it features unique engine tuning and new turbochargers to enable it generate more power. Aston Martin is not considering the Tesla Model X Plaid, which starts at $126,000 but has 1,020 horsepower and is significantly more powerful.
Based on the brand’s lovely DBX, the company lists its competitors high-end brands such as the Rolls-Royce Cullinan (600 hp), Bentley Bentayga Speed (626 hp), and Lamborghini Urus (641 hp).
Aston Martin DBX707: Key Features
- Putting this power to all four wheels via an all-new 9-speed “wet clutch” transmission, the DBX 707 is able to accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in just 3.1 seconds.
- the 707 also receives significant upgrades to its braking, suspension, and handling—including standard Formula One–derived carbon ceramic brakes—which should make what we consider the best-handling luxury SUV even better.
Read More: Celebs Paid A Huge Money For Their Cars
- DBX includes a more aggressive treatment of its body, incorporating satin gloss trim, a huge quad-outlet exhaust pipes, a larger iteration of Aston Martin’s signature hill-climb grille, and gigantic 23″ wheels.
- The DBX 707 starts at $232,000. Though this slots it nicely between the Bentley ($250,000) and the Lamborghini ($225,000), it’s well below the Rolls ($336,000).
- The DBX707 has more power than the Lamborghini Urus, which has a 4.0-liter V8 that can produce up to 641 horsepower, or the Bentley Bentayga Speed, which has a 626-horsepower 12-cylinder engine. It’s also much more power than the Rolls-Royce Cullinan with its 563-horsepower V12.
The Aston Matin DBX707 will go into production by the end of March 2022 and will go on sale soon after that.