Autonomous Features To Expect On The New Mahindra XUV 700
Mahindra is teasing their upcoming 7-seater SUV, The XUV 700 from few days. The company has released the teaser a few days back which showed the powerful headlight on the upcoming SUV. But everyone is eagerly waiting for the 7-seater SUV after the launch of the All-new Hyundai Alcazar.
The upcoming XUV700 has been spied again, revealing a camera behind the front windscreen. The camera can be seen around the rearview mirror in-cabin, which confirms the SUV will get a first in segment feature – ADAS or Advanced Driver Assistance Systems.
What Is ADAS(Advanced Driver Assistance System)?
ADAS(Advanced Driver Assistance System) is a system used for vehicular safety features and the system is based on cameras and sensors. There is also an advanced level in which it used for autonomous vehicles with auto-pilot mode. But the XUV 700 will get level 1 autonomous features like recently launched MG Gloster which is for now the most affordable car with that feature in India. Mahindra has first showcased ADAS system on the Marazzo at Auto Expo 2020.
Features of the ADAS system.
- Drowsy driver detection system: The system itself as a name detectes drowsiness of driver by monitering steering actions and ask them to take a brake
- Cross-traffic alert: This System warn driver of car about the object or car coming from outside of the camera range
- Attention detection: Alerts the driver on detecting inattention.
- Blindspot detection: Detects vehicles that aren’t visible because of the car’s blindspots, majorly towards the side and rear.
- Lane keep assist: Uses a forward-facing camera to keep the driver from moving out of the lane inadvertently.
- Autonomous emergency braking system (AEB): the AEB in car is usally fitted for the emergency braking in case of proximity in fornt of car under the speed of 30kmph it there is no driver input detected. And if the car is above 30kmph it likewise sends danger warning by giving jerk and still there is no driver input will atomatically apply brakes to avoid crash or limt the impact of accident.
Based on the teaser it will also get a high-beam assist LED headlights which means the car increase the intensity of headlights when the car crosses the 80kmph speed limit. Some other features includes flush door handles, dynamic turn indicators, personalised voice for speed alerts, and 18-inch alloys tyres.
Mahindra XUV 700 Price and Launch
By launching the XUV 700 Mahindra will replace the existing XUV 500. Which be later relaunched as a 5-seater SUV to rival Mid-size SUV’s in the market like Hundai Creta and Kia Seltos. Mahindra XUV 700 is expected to be priced from Rs 16 lakh to Rs 22 lakh (ex-showroom). The SUV will rival the MG Hector Plus, Tata Safari, and Hyundai Alcazar.