In October of this year, Yamaha unveiled the next-generation MT-03 for overseas markets. According to the most recent information available, Yamaha has no immediate plans to launch any new 250cc+ luxury motorcycles in India, while it is speculated that the new-generation 300cc MT-series motorbike will be launched in India within 6-8 months. The new R3 sportbike is scheduled to be released first, followed by the new MT-03. It would go up against the BMW G310R, Honda CB300R, and Benelli TNT 300, among others.
Read More: 2022 Yamaha XSR125 Legacy Edition Unveiled
MT-03 Key Highlights
- Lightweight LED flashers
- Ergonomic & Agile Riding Position
- High-Quality Look and Authentic MT Feel
- Long Swingarm with New Shock Settings
- Aggressive Next-Generation MT design
- 37mm Upside-Down Front Forks
- High-Tech LCD Instrument Console
- Dual Slant-Eye Positions Lights; LED Headlight
- Dynamic Mass-Forward Body Design
- Lightweight Diamond Frame
The Yamaha MT-03 2022 model shares the majority of its components with the YZF-R3, with the exception of a single headlamp unit and a relaxed bar-type handlebar for improved street control. The MT-03 now boasts 37mm USD telescopic forks in the front and a monoshock unit in the back, just like the new YZF-R3.
The bike is powered by the same 321cc liquid-cooled, fuel-injected twin-cylinder engine that produces 42 horsepower at 10,750 rpm and 29.6Nm at 9,000 rpm. The bike has a 6-speed gearbox and weighs only 168kgs, making it a high-performance machine.
Read more: Meet Yamaha MT-03 Iron Man Edition!
The MT-03 will come standard with 2-channel ABS in the India-spec vehicle. The hyper-naked street motorcycle is likely to cost roughly INR 3,30,000 when it arrives in India (ex-showroom). (Fabulouseyebrowthreading)
New Yamaha MT-03 Specs
- Displacement – 321cc, Liquid-Cooled
- Max. Power – 42 HP @ 10750 rpm
- Max. Torque – 29.6 Nm @ 9000 rpm
- No. of Cylinders – 2 Cylinder
- No. of Gears – 6-Speed Gearbox
- Seat Height – 780mm
- Ground Clearance – 160mm
- Kerb/Wet Weight – 168kg
- Fuel Tank Capacity – 14-litres
- Top Speed – 170+ kmph (Approx.)