Join Gearhead Community on Telegram
Honda conducted Road Safety and Awareness Campaign on 26th August. Over 3,000 school students and staff members participated in the three-day camp.
Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India (HMSI) continues its National Road Safety Awareness Campaign as schools reopen following the pandemic. The campaign’s goal is to raise citizen awareness about road safety. The Government Model Senior Secondary School in Sector 21, Chandigarh, hosted a three-day camp. The campaign drew over 3,000 school students and staff members. This is a component of Honda’s CSR commitment to road safety, which was announced in 2021.
HMSI’s National Road Safety Awareness program made learning fun yet scientific through:
1. Interactive Session: HMSI’s specially trained road safety instructors educated 5 to 10 years old about the do’s and don’ts while commuting in a school bus and cycling.
2. Practical Learning: 11 to 12 years old learnt how to ride their bicycle safely, their duties as a pillion on a two-wheeler and the importance of safety gear on roads. To make this learning more practical and fun, kids got hands-on learning experience on the specially imported CRF50 motorcycles.
3. Scientific Theory Learning Module: Safety riding theory session on road rules & regulations, road signs & markings, driver’s duties on the road, riding gear & posture explanation and safe riding etiquettes were conducted for 13 to 17 years old as well as for staff.
4. Existing Drivers Honing Riding Skills: School staff members who are already existing riders tested and honed their learnings through theoretical as well as practical training on a two-wheeler.
5. Learning Became Fun: To ensure that the young students could learn more about road safety, HMSI also conducted fun educational activities like road safety games and quizzes on daily basis.
Honda India Foundation in association with the Government of Haryana today inaugurated the Institute of Driving Training and Research (IDTR) and a Community Park in Karnal, Haryana. The research facility consists of learner courses, simulators and an automated driving testing track.
Get the Latest Automotive Updates here. For more such content stay subscribed to Youtube, Google News, Facebook, & Twitter, Instagram. Also, follow us on Flipboard & Reddit where we have a discussion community.