Automobile Manufacturer & Their Sub Brand
The Auto Industry is one of the major industry in the world. There are no of automobile manufacturers and their no of subbrands. However, the past decade has seen partnerships, sales, separations, bankruptcies, and entire divisions killed off, making it difficult to keep up with who owns which car brands.
Today in 2021 we’ve seen there is new brand such as Rivian and Tesla beats this traditional auto brands and brands Chrysler, Jaguar, and Volvo, joins under other gaints. To clear every confusion about who Owns Which Car Brands? we’re came-up with some informative data.
What about your car’s family tree? It may come as a surprise to some, but lots of our favourite car brands either own or are owned by one another- one big happy family! There are a few standout groups that have a claim to some of our favourite car brands. A shift of ownership is a pretty common thing in the car manufacturing business – but here’s the current car manufacturer family tree.
- BMW Group owns BMW, Mini, and Rolls-Royce.
- Daimler AG owns Mercedes-Benz and Smart.
- Ford Motor Co. owns Ford and Lincoln.
- General Motors owns Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, and GMC. Hummer has returned as a GMC sub-brand. GM has agreed to supply fuel-cells to Nikola. (It has canceled the previous investment and the arrangement to build the Badger pickup truck.)
- Honda Motor Co. owns Acura and Honda.
- Hyundai Motor Group owns Genesis, Hyundai, and Kia.
- Mazda Motor Corp. owns Mazda.
- Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance owns Infiniti, Mitsubishi, and Nissan.
- Stellantis is the new corporation formed from the Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and Peugeot S.A. merger. The name is explained as being rooted in the Latin verb “stello” meaning “to brighten with stars.” The FCA brands sold in the U.S. are now under Stellantis: Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Jeep, Maserati, and Ram. Overseas, Citroen, DS Automobiles, Opel, Peugeot, and Vauxhall are among the other Stellantis car brands.
- Subaru Corp. owns Subaru.
- Tata Motors owns Jaguar and Land Rover.
- Tesla owns Tesla.
- Toyota Motor Corp. owns Lexus and Toyota. And it has a stake in Subaru and Suzuki.
- Volkswagen AG owns Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, and Volkswagen.
- Zhejiang Geely Holding Group (ZGH) owns Lotus, Polestar, and Volvo.