HomeBike NewsLambretta Scooters All Set To Make A Comeback To India

Lambretta Scooters All Set To Make A Comeback To India

Join Gearhead Community on Telegram

In the past, Indian consumers who purchased two-wheelers frequently used the name Lambretta. The vintage scooters made in Italy used to be a common sight on our roads. A report claims that Lambretta is now preparing to reenter the Indian market. For its return in India, the Italian scooter company will collaborate with Bird Mobility.

“The brand has its soul in India and it has tremendous affinity among the masses,” Walter Scheffrahn, owner of Innocenti SA, which owns Lambretta globally, said in a statement to the Economic Times. The magic of the past must be brought back. With our premium range, we hope to transform India’s scooter market into a Ferrari. Additionally, the brand intends to invest more than $200 million in India over the next five years. Innocenti SA plans to introduce a number of models to the market in addition to an electric scooter in 2024. The majority of the scooter models produced by Lambretta will have 200 cc to 300 cc engine sizes.

Even more significant than introducing new products in India is the fact that Lambretta intends to begin domestic production. Lambretta would concentrate on exports to other markets, such as Italy, with production taking place in India. When they are introduced, Lmabretta scooters won’t be the cheapest in India. Most likely, it will cost more than any other high-end scooter currently available for purchase in India. As previously mentioned, Lambretta will enter the Indian market following a partnership with Bird Mobility. Lambretta will hold a 51 percent ownership stake in the entity, with Bird Group holding the remaining 49 percent.

You May Like:  Force Motors - The BMW & MERCEDES-Benz Engine maker ! KNOW HOW ? V6, V10 and V12s
Lambretta

Also Read: Delhi-based Startup Launches World’s First Anti-Pollution Helmet

Scooters made by Lambretta have sold more than 1 lakh units worldwide. The numbers are anticipated to increase with the entry into the Indian market. At the moment, Lambretta is accessible in about 70 different nations. Currently, manufacturing facilities are located in South East Asia and Europe. The largest manufacturing facility yet would be if one were to be established in India. By 2024, the manufacturer wants to build a facility in Manesa with a 100,000 unit capacity.

Lambretta New Scooters

The renowned Italian two-wheeler manufacturer Lambretta debuted two new scooters in Milan earlier this year. The G350 and X300 scooters were on display during Milan Design Week 2022. Like many other producers, Lambretta offers contemporary features with its scooter while retaining its vintage appearance. In India, Lambretta will introduce the G, V, and X model scooters. The Lambretta G350 scooter includes features like a TFT instrument cluster, a USB charger, double arm-link suspension with ABS, a full LED headlamp with the company’s recognizable hexagonal design, LED tail lights, and more.

Lambretta Scooter Features

Semi-digital instrumentation, smart keyless entry, LED headlamps and taillamps, disc brakes with ABS, and many other features are available on the X300. The 300-cc, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine that powers the G350 produces peak torque of 27 Nm and horsepower of 27 Bhp. The automatic gearbox is connected to the engine. The 275-cc, liquid-cooled engine in the X300 produces 24 bhp and 24.5 nm of maximum torque. Additionally connected to this scooter is an automatic scooter.

You May Like:  TVS Zeppelin 220 Price in India, Engine, Features, and Specifications

Also Read: Hop Oxo Electric Motorcycle Launched, Priced At ₹1.25 Lakh

Bajaj Pulsar N250 vs NS200 Long Drag Race

Get the Latest Automotive Updates here. For more such content stay subscribed to YoutubeGoogle NewsFacebook, & TwitterInstagram. Also, follow us on Flipboard & Reddit where we have a discussion community.

Best Cars

  • Highest Range Electric Cars
  • Best Hatchbacks
  • Best Sedans
  • Best SUVs
  • Best MPVs
  • Best Luxury Cars
  • Best Diesel Cars
  • Best Petrol Cars
  • Best Automatic Cars
  • Best CNG Cars
  • Best Diesel Hatchbacks
  • Best Petrol Hatchbacks
  • Best Jeeps
  • Best Low Maintenance Cars
  • Best Sports Cars
  • Best Super Cars
  • Best Convertible Cars
  • Best Compact SUVs
  • Best Off-Road Cars
  • Best Electric Cars
  • Best Safe Cars BS6 Cars in India

Best Scooters

Best Cars

  • Best Hatchbacks
  • Best Sedans
  • Best SUVs
  • Best MPVs
  • Best Luxury Cars
  • Best Diesel Cars
  • Best Petrol Cars
  • Best Automatic Cars
  • Best CNG Cars