Mahindra Thar SUV Pros And Cons Before Buying
Mahindra launched the new-gen Thar SUV in India in 2020 and it’s been over a year since the vehicle was launched in the country. Presently the popularity of the Thar continues as it rounds up bookings and presently the number has crossed the 75,000 mark. The new-gen model takes things to another level with refinement in each department, and obviously, it is the most affordable honest 4×4 one can purchase in India. Along these lines, as the festive season starts, and you search for 4x4s on the lookout, there’s no ignoring the Mahindra Thar.
So let’s have a look at Mahindra Thar Pros and Cons before actually driving the 4X4 SUV home.
Mahindra Thar Pros
1. The Mahindra Thar is an attractive-looking SUV and there’s no doubt that you will stand out enough to be noticed by everybody out and about. Indeed, it’s tall, massive, and exceptionally strong. Add to that the position because of those tires and it’s a powerful blend of all that you need an SUV to be!
2. The Mahindra Thar stowed a 4-star crash test rating when the vehicle was tried by the Global Safety watchdog, Global NCAP and that is one more plume in the cap for the Indian maker.
3. The cabin has been sensibly updated in the features department too and gets a touchscreen infotainment framework for the first time. It’s7.0-inch unit that has in-fabricated navigation and phone integration like Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
4. As far as engine choices, the new Thar gets a 2.0-liter mStallion 150 TGDI petrol engine which makes 150 bhp at 5,000 rpm and 320 Nm between 1,500-3,000 rpm. The diesel motor is a 2.2-liter mHawk 130 which makes 130 bhp at 3,750 rpm and 300 Nm of torque force between 1,600-2,800 rpm. The two engines have the choice of a 6-speed automatic gearbox as well.
5. The Thar gets a mechanical 4×4 transfer case as standard with four-wheel low, four-wheel high, and two-wheel drive modes. And has a crawl ratio of 42:1 which can increase the low-end force by 2.48 times. It is furnished with an independent suspension at the front while the back gets a multi-link unit. This makes it a truly competent off-roader.
Also Read: High Performance Cars In India Under 15 Lakh
1. While it’s an extraordinary off-roader, Thar’s on-road qualities are so so. The ride quality is uneven and takes whichever road, the stiffer suspension doesn’t make you feel good.
2. The 2-door and 4 seat designs are somewhat unrealistic as getting in the 2nd rows or we can say to the back seat can be somewhat challenging. This might be tended once the automaker draws out the 5-door adaptation. Also, there is very low space for the luggage at the rear side.
3. There’s no boot space as such in the Thar and in the case that there are 4 people traveling, there is not really any space for gear for everybody traveling.
4. Elements like reverse camera, auto-dimming IRVM, auto headlamps & wipers, electrically-folding ORVMs go missing even in the top-spec variant of the Thar.
Hope this will help you while you are choosing for best 4×4 for you.